William Blyth Tile Works is located in the historic town of Barton upon Humber, which lies on the southern bank of the River Humber.
Trusting traditional techniques and an ecologically friendly ethos, we have produced handmade clay roof tiles, floor tiles and fittings since 1840.
The two tile works at Hoe Hill and nearby Far Ings are both adjacent a peaceful nature reserve created by the clay extraction over the years. The sites consist of many open drying sheds, coal-fired down-draught kilns and a mill house.
Due to the adaptability of our manufacturing process, we can meet both bespoke and substantial orders quickly and efficiently.
Once our handmade tiles have been extruded and shaped, they are skilfully transferred to our open-sided drying sheds. This allows the tiles to dry naturally and in methodical rotation so maximum efficiency is achieved. Between 1.5 and 2 million units are made annually, used throughout the UK and in parts of Europe.
Our tiles are well suited for heritage and conservation work.